- What your personal information is
- Sensitive Information
- Collecting your information
- Collection of your information
- Use of your information
- Disclosure of your information
- When you choose to withhold information we seek
- Your access to your information for correction (if it is wrong)
- Disposal of your information
- How to contact us
What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (eg: medical history or condition) to the everyday (eg; address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It includes information or opinion about your health, special needs or requirements as well as other matters related to your fitness for work such as any criminal record. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Collecting Your Information
Bunyon Recruitment requires collecting personal and sensitive information about and from you in connection with your meeting with us. This information is for recruitment use and will be accessed by Bunyon Recruitment employees, agents or contractors in order to assist you.
Collection of Your Information
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you when you attend a consultation, interview, and submit your resume. Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when we receive:
- any reference about you
- results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, educational institutions, professional associations or registration body
- the results of any competency or medical test; performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- the results of any psychometric assessment or tests performed by you
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- you provide us with any additional information about you
Use of Your Information
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- assessing or effecting your actual or possible work placement
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Disclosure of Your Information
Having gained your permission and to assist you fully we may need to release certain appropriate information about you to:
- our insurers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- potential and actual employers and clients of Bunyon Recruitment
- contractors and suppliers of Bunyon Recruitment engaged to assist in our business of recruitment
- a professional association or registered body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
When You Choose To Withhold Information We Seek
All information that we ask for is to be provided on a voluntary basis however if you choose to not provide the information we seek it may limit us in our ability to assist you through the services we provide.
You’re Access to Your Information for Correction (if it is wrong)
You can view and obtain a copy of any personal and sensitive information that we hold about you provided for under the law (some exceptions do apply in law).
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete and not up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. If you are unable to do so, you can provide us with a signed statement, which states what you believe to be the case. We will be happy to put it on file.
To gain access and make any corrections contact our Privacy Officer, (details are shown below)!
In most cases we will impose a charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information.
If you require access to psychometric results we will provide a trained psychologist to interpret the results that you have achieved by that assessment. This service will attract a charge for the consultant’s time.
Disposal of Your Information
Unless you advise us otherwise we will destroy any personal or sensitive information relating to you that we hold after a maximum period of five years. Please note that unsuccessful applicant details such as interview notes and CVs may be destroyed after a period of 6 months.
If you require us to dispose of your information before this period then please inform us in writing addressed to the Privacy Officer.
Our policy is to always dispose of unused private and sensitive information in a secure and confidential manner.
How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact:
283-287 Sir Donald Bradman Drive,
BROOKLYN PARK SA 5032
Phone: 08 82383490
Office hours are between 9am and 5pm
Bunyon Recruitment A.B.N. 90 971 107 593
Employment License No. 6046212
- Bunyon Recruitment will not charge you a fee for the purpose of finding you employment.
- Bunyon Recruitment will not engage in misleading or deceptive acts.
- At any time that you believe Bunyon Recruitment has acted inappropriately, and has made no attempt to address the issue we invite you to contact the Office of Fair Trading.