Business Director, Adelaide
Occasionally, there is a Senior Executive Management role offering an ideal opportunity to join a dream team within a progressive school. Due to the upcoming retirement of the current incumbent who is a vital member of the executive team and a key leader within the school, this position has arisen.
This Christian School has cultivated a relational internal and external culture that is transforming the lives of the staff, students and families. If you value a dynamic and collaborative culture that is loving, optimistic, active, creative, and connected, you will love the synergy!
The unified team of 65 staff members understands the importance of education in the life of every child, from pre-primary Early Learning through to Primary education. Current enrolments total 540 children and growing. The ‘we’ approach displayed between staff, students, and families, supports a culture of continual improvement for all stakeholders. The open and agile learning environment is empowering young creators and innovators.
The astute leader is savvy in business/finance management and long-term business planning and displays outstanding people skills to encourage teamwork. Highly desirable personal attributes include optimism, strategic thinking, empathy, and effective communication across all levels. A collaborative leader who can engage key stakeholders, mentor staff, and connect students, and families to the life and culture of the School.
The Business Director is part of the Executive team. This key role manages the business/finance operations with a team of four, Personnel/HR functions and the front office. Also, the BD provides management oversight of personnel in Property, Project Management, Communications, Technology, Grounds and Capital Management and contracted services such as ICT, The ability to negotiate with contractors, collaborate and work cohesively with the Principal, five Directors, staff and volunteers are paramount. The BD must possess exceptional interpersonal skills to develop and grow strong relationships and support from and for, key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Principal, these are the key responsibilities:
- Contribute to the School’s collaborative and future-focused culture, articulated in its Vision, Values and Learning Principles.
- Work cohesively with the Executive Team to provide strategic management and leadership, long-term planning and achieve key outcomes for progressive growth.
- Ensure the business/finance operations, systems and processes are streamlined and robust.
- Manage, mentor, and train the finance/admin team of four staff.
- Deliver line management to non-teaching personnel and assist the departments to achieve KPIs, and engage key stakeholders.
- Navigate complex business situations and predict emerging trends.
- Ensure the integrity of the business, financial and accounting systems, process, and data is secure, accurate and stable, to adhere to the governing statutory compliance and audit requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting; data analysis and interpretation; risk management, budget setting, preparation, and forecasting; cash flow and debt management, preparation of tax returns, GST and FBT lodgement.
- Liaise with Head Office’s Business Director and Business Analyst to improve business/finance performance.
- Evaluate and apply risks management measures, assess, and provide accountability for government grants and funding.
- Knowledge of the industrial awards and EBA, oversee payroll administration and perform Human Resources functions in recruitment, performance appraisals, conflict resolutions, succession planning, training, hiring and termination, and employment contracts.
- Negotiate and manage outsourced services in IT, Property Management and Transport.
- Deliver cost viability projections for future projects and the delivery of projects.
- Supervise marketing to cost-effectively reach the target market.
- Monitor current and future enrolment trends.
- Ensure all departments are compliant with the Work, Health and Safety standards.
- Attend meetings including the occasional after-hours meetings or functions.
CA/CPA candidates with proven management leadership within complex business environments in either the commercial, education or not-for-profit sectors are encouraged to apply. The BD can liaise with other Business/Finance professionals within the group of over 45 associated schools and their Head Office.
An ability to embrace site-specific data and management systems software as well as proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and ICT skills are essential.
This role is a renewable 5-year contract, permanent full-time position. An attractive, annual remuneration package is on offer with 5 weeks annual leave and allocated professional learning funds. As part of their large national network, all accrued employment benefits are transferable to other jobs within the national network.
The School is located 30 mins out of the Adelaide CBD.
To apply immediately, forward your Cover Letter and Resume in Word documents to Theresa Bunyon quoting Ref: DBtb6255 Business Director.
For all confidential enquiries, please contact Bunyon Recruitment.