Senior Structural Engineer, QLD
Our client is a rapidly growing, Structural Engineering & Construction business in sunny Queensland where areas such as Pt. Douglas and other beautiful towns and regions of North Queensland come alive. This is an ideal opportunity to join and build a professional, caring, family-friendly and dynamic work culture.
This ‘hands-on’ leadership and technical role offers diversity, development of clients and building projects with exceptional service. If desired, an optional management role in supervising and growing a team.
You would naturally possess drive, initiative, a positive attitude, integrity, good customer and communication skills and personable in building relations. You like the technical and people connection within the role. Your capability to liaise, win and grow a customer base and develop great structural building projects in North Queensland and the NT is crucial to this role.
Your suitability to the role will require RPEQ qualification and years of proven Technical Experience in the Structural Engineering Design, Analysis and Review of Residential, Industrial and other Structures to Subject to Cyclonic wind loads.
Reporting to the Principal RPEQ Structural Engineer, this exciting role is perfect for the dynamic individual.
Your Key Responsibilities are:
- Cultivating the right workplace culture and working cohesively with the Principal and team to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Identify, develop and grow a referral client base with your award-winning customer service.
- Creative with a high attention to detail in design, analysis and review of residential and industrial structures.
- Great knowledge of construction methods, procedures and design constraints applicable to additions and alterations to existing buildings constructed of Blockwork, Timber and Steel Framing.
- Competency in Structural Design and review of residential projects including New Builds.
- Competency in Structural Design of Industrial Portal Framed and Pre-Cast Concrete Sheds.
- Provide structural engineering detail and drafting on Auto Cad.
- Leading on complex projects of varying scales.
- Knowledge of Form 15, Form 16 and Section 40 Inspection & Certificates of Design Compliance.
- Provide “mark-ups” of plans for Drafters, Architects and Building Designers and Sign-off on structural projects.
- Conduct structural site inspections and meetings, measure-up of new projects, issuing of inspection certificates and provide structural reports.
- Collaborative liaison with clients, Building Certifiers, Drafters, Architects and other professionals.
- Adherent to Australian Standards, Typical Industrial Practices, NCC and Region ‘C’ requirements working with steel, concrete, masonry, timber for residential and industrial projects.
- Workplace Health and Safety Standards.
Competency in Microstran, Limcon or other Equivalent Structural Analysis & Design Software.
A flexible remuneration package with bonus is negotiable.
The applicant must be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen.
Confidential enquiries: David Bunyon 0403 058 050