Business Manager, Adelaide
A diversified Business Manager’s role has opened for a strategic business/finance leader to join the Executive Management team of an established and successful, co-ed Christian School with 35 personnel and over 300 students from Reception to Year 6.
This ideal opportunity for immediate start, offers exciting commercial challenges for the new appointee and an excellent standard of education for young children.
The culture of our client is one of care, encouragement, innovation, learning and growth.
The role is two-fold in the astute management of the business/finance operations and team and the building of collaborative relationships within and external of the School.
The CA/CPA professional is naturally a positive person who values integrity. This dynamic, strategic, intelligent, relational, exceptional communicator, entrepreneurial in business, skilled in business and financial management, hands-on, innovative, creative and resourceful individual, is able to read emerging trends and has the capability to handle and navigate through changing business environments.
This pivotal role requires a savvy Business Manager who has proven success in complex business and financial operations. The effective management of 2 to 3 staff within the Finance and Administration team, of other responsibilities in Property Services, specific Human Resources functions, Communications, Property, Grounds and Capital Management, Project Management, WH&S and Contracted Services such as Marketing, IT and Canteen. Monitor all activities hosted by the school to ensure they support the learning program, vision, culture, values and ethos of the school.
Reporting to the Principal, the key responsibilities are:
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Management team to provide strategic leadership, develop the vision and a systemic business plan for the School
- Foster the desired culture and build a cohesive and encouraging team
- Develop the business plan and assist the departments to set and evaluate their business plans with measurable key outcomes and specific Key Result Areas
- Manage, mentor and train the finance/admin team of 2 to 3 staff.
- Cultivate entrepreneurial approach, innovation, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Develop a clear line of communication between the departments, School and local community.
- Strategically manage a profitable business, financial and administrative operation encompassing sound business/finance practices, policies and procedures, transparent and accurate documentation to audit standards.
- Streamline the business/finance systems and processes for improved outcomes.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting; data analysis and interpretation; budget setting, preparation and forecasting; cashflow management and timely preparation of tax returns, GST and FBT lodgement.
- Work with the Business Analyst to review the business and financial performance, improve and plan for future growth.
- Evaluate and apply risks management measures, assess and provide accountability for government grants and funding.
- Oversight of payroll administration; knowledge of the industrial awards and enterprise agreement and assistance to various departments in monthly budgets. Debtor management.
- Perform Human Resources functions in recruitment, performance appraisals, conflict resolutions, succession planning, training, hiring and termination and employment contracts.
- Manage outsourced Marketing services, IT services, Canteen services and Transport services.
- Ensure the business, financial and accounting systems, processes and data are secure, accurate, stable and will adhere to the governing statutory and audit requirements.
- Deliver cost viability projections in potential projects and management of projects.
- Project manage and coordinate Capital Works planning and construction, refurbishments and maintenance of the school facilities and grounds management.
- Assess the current effectiveness of outsourced marketing strategy/plan to cost-effectively reach the target market.
- Proactive in interpreting future enrolment trends, using data that is available to reach new markets in the geographic regions and increase new student enrolments.
- Ensure all departments are compliant to the Work, Health and Safety standards.
- Develop strong relationships and support from key stakeholders such as local businesses, the local community, individuals, families, old scholars and local government support.
- Attend meetings including the occasional after-hours meetings or functions.
The location of the School is in a rapidly growing community, about 40 mins from the Adelaide CBD.
Candidates with proven commercial, education or not-for-profit business and financial operations management experience are encouraged to apply. The BM will have access to support and advice from their Head Office.
Sound computing skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ICT. CA/CPA candidates with other business, marketing qualifications will be highly regarded.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer and this 5-year renewable, permanent full-time contract role is for immediate start. As part of their large national network, all accrued employment benefits are transferable to other jobs within the network.
Due to the social distancing recommendation of the government, interviews with Bunyon Recruitment will be conducted via Skype.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Theresa Bunyon at Bunyon Recruitment.