Business Director, Adelaide
This new diverse leadership role for a Business Director to join the Senior Executive Team at a private, large and successful co-ed Christian College, located south of Adelaide city. This rewarding position is a great opportunity to be a part of a committed and innovative learning community educating children from Reception to Year 12 with about 1,100 students.
The Business Director supports and advises the Principal and College Council in establishing and implementing the strategic direction and objectives of the College as part of the Senior Executive Team to fifty (50) non-teaching personnel.
This integral, strategic leader has specific key attention areas:
o Resourceful management of business/finance related activities and Line-Managers of non-teaching personnel.
o Developing key partnerships and gaining support within the local community, businesses, local government and key stakeholders.
o Improving current and future marketing strategies.
o Fostering and imparting the desired culture within the College and externally to the local community with the teams.
In this rewarding leadership role, the appointee must be a person of integrity who has strong business and financial acumen, dynamic, strategic, systemic, innovative, investigative, relational, versatile, resourceful, consultative, a great communicator, business partner and negotiator.
The CA/CPA Business Director is responsible for the departmental growth of Line-Managers, Support Services, Contracted Services to develop measurable goals and achieve key outcomes in Finance and Administration, Marketing, Property Services, Student Support Services and Contracted Services (IT, Uniform Shop, Canteen, transport). The appointee will work closely with the Assistant Business Manager in finance/business administration and local community partnerships. For marketing activities, the appointee will work closely with the Marketing Manager.
Accountable to the Principal and College Council, here are the key responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to establish and communicate the long-term strategic vision and culture of the College.
- An innovative approach in developing a strategic financial and business plan that is systemic and profitable.
- Drive strategic financial and business performance with Line-Managers of non-teaching departments to excel in set KPIs and achieve key outcomes that support the teaching and learning programs.
- Lead, advocate and coach the Line-Managers and staff within the non-teaching departments through the school's change process.
- Establish clear lines of communication, internally and externally.
- Insightful analysis from data analytics to uncover valuable insights of financials, identify process improvements that can increase efficiency and better manage risks.
- Set up, monitor and report key business metrics on the College’s performance and operational health.
- Predictive analytics to use existing data to identify trends and more accurate planning, forecast and future planning.
- Assess, evaluate and streamline the business/financial systems, processes, policies and procedures to the best practice.
- Preparation and oversight of the budget using proven budgeting techniques.
- Ensure the College’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities of the school.
- Maintain robust financial procedures and framework controls in the annual audit process and subsequent reporting.
- Implement effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Management oversight of other financial and business matters working cohesively with the Assistant Business Manager.
- Work closely with the Assistant Business Manager to foster the desired culture, develop and support key partnerships to increase financial commitment, funding, business opportunities, student opportunities and community support.
- Creative collaboration with the Marketing Manager to improve marketing strategies and reach.
- Ensure the whole financial, business and administrative management system projects accuracy, transparency, integrity, and stability to audit standards, in accordance with all legal and statutory requirements.
- Increase profitability through benchmarking, best practices, effective cost reduction measures, and improvement opportunities.
- Prepare financial statements and reports, data analysis reports, budget preparation, and forecast reports for presentation to senior management for decision making.
- Ensure all preparation of financial, grants funding and administrative returns are submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain checks on government funding trends and issues.
- Interpret and apply industrial awards and enterprise agreements in conjunction with the Principal.
- Other HR functions include change process, performance reviews, employee relations, succession planning, workforce planning and recruitment.
- Cost control management of capital works and other projects, meeting deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills in contractual agreements with business partnering, suppliers and contracted services.
- Attend after-hours meetings and functions.
- Ensure all activities are aligned with the strategic direction and abide by best practices, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe workplace adherence to the WHS policies and procedures standard.
CA/CPA or postgraduate qualifications, MBA or equivalent business management qualifications and/or in-depth proven senior executive management experience with successful outcomes in financial/business operations within the education, not-for-profit or commercial sector. The efficient management of large-scale resources in complex business environments is desired. Additional knowledge in fundamental business areas such as human resource management, industrial relations, economics, project management, law and risk management. General HR policies and procedures with an understanding of administration in Workers Compensation claims, privacy and statutory obligations are an added advantage.
The candidate must have high computer literacy skills, strong in excel and possess good knowledge of ICT, business and financial systems.
An attractive remuneration package including a company vehicle plus extras is on offer.
This initial 5-year contract role can be further extended thereafter, is for immediate commencement and we encourage prompt application. Please forward your Covering Letter and Resume in a Word format to Bunyon Recruitment quoting in the subject line, Ref: BDtb3466 Business Director.
Any confidential enquiries can be directed to Theresa Bunyon.