Structural Engineer RPEQ, Cairns QLD
- Join a highly respected, established, and growing business
- Be a member of a dynamic and motivated team of professional
- Enjoy an excellent salary package (negotiable on experience
- Unique 0pportunity to work from home
Our Client is a well-established Private Business specialising in predominantly Residential and some Commercial Architectural Design, Analysis and Review work throughout Northern Queensland as far south as Townsville and west to Darwin, Northern Territory.
The business culture is one of integrity, professionalism, and customer care. If you possess similar attributes, have a “can do” attitude with a good work ethic, 7+ years’ experience and qualifications for this position we would like to hear from you.
Located in Cairns, Queensland, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, close to the Atherton Tablelands and Daintree Forest area the natural beauty and casual lifestyle is an extra bonus for anyone seeking a fantastic work life balance.
Due to sustained growth our Client has a newly created position for a Senior Structural Engineer.
Reporting to the Principal Structural Engineer you will:
- Work closely with the Principle Structural Engineer in winning, managing and delivering projects
- Provide Leadership to professional and technical staff on complex projects of varying scale
- Establish and maintain a client base working relationship and be involved in regular client liaison and business development
- Need a good understanding of construction methods, procedures and design constraints
- Design, analyse & review residential, industrial, and other structures
- Provide structural engineering detail and drafting on Auto Cad
- Be well versed in Australian Standards, Typical Industrial Practices, NCC and Region ‘C’ requirements working with steel, concrete, masonry, timber for residential and industrial projects
- Be familiar with the use of Form 15, Form 16 and Section 4
- Provide “mark-ups” of plans for Drafters, Architects and Building Designers
- “Sign-off” on structural projects in the cyclonic areas of Far North Queensland and Northern Territory
- Conduct structural sight inspections and meetings including “measure-up” for new projects, the issuing of inspection certificates and writing structural reports
- Liaise with Clients, Building Certifiers, Drafters, Architects, and other Professionals
- Be a collaborative team player with a commitment to learn.
Confidential Call, David: 0403 058 050
Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents Applications Only.