DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS, Darwin, NT
Financial/Business Management and Leadership!
- Senior Executive Management/Leadership role!
- Excellent Culture and Work Conditions!
- Progressive, fast expanding College!
The Director of Business Operations is a key integral member of the Executive Management Team of a large, well established, private Christian College with multiple campuses near Darwin city. As part of the Executive Management Team, the Director works collaboratively with the Team to support the Principal and the College Board for continuous growth.
Darwin is a city with tropical climate and is vibrant with different cultures, arts, open style concerts, fabulous family lifestyle, international cuisine, family entertainment facilities and great community living.
This highly successful Christian College has 160 staff and 1400 students, offering education services from Early Learning to Year 12 with an annual turnover of around $20 million p.a. The College’s culture is community focused, relational, nurturing and inclusive to fully support the students, families, staff, volunteers and the learning program. The College is, in consistent demand and rapidly growing with current multiple campus building projects.
The Director’s role is to provide exceptional leadership and management oversight of the Finance, Administration, ICT and Property Services. This is a strategic planning and supervisory management role to effect specific objectives, business development and working collaboratively with other heads of departments and key stakeholders. This role is accountable for all activities regarding financial stability, innovation and growth in support of the learning and teaching program.
The candidate must be relational, an inclusive manager who possess strength and grace in leadership; an excellent communicator with all levels; a great time manager with high problem-solving skills and attention to detail; savvy in business acumen, well-organised in planning and implementation skills.
Reporting to the Principal and College Board, the key requirements of the role are: -
- Assist the Principal in fulfilling the goals and enhancing the culture of the College to support learning
- Facilitating to College Board financial/business management decisions and provide monthly reports and documentation for Board meetings
- Contribute to the corporate strategic planning, goals, objectives and strategies
- Provide leadership management and support, working collaboratively with the Executive Management Team
- Ensure all financial/business operations and measures are in place to adopt the best policies, practices and processes to fully meet the integrity, accuracy and transparency requirements to annual audit accounting and legislative standards
- Supervisory management for the ongoing implementation and effective outcomes of the Finance, Administration, ICT and Property Services departments, school canteen, I.T. projects and Building projects
- Provide leadership and oversight of the Managers in the Finance, Administration, I.T. and Property Services Departments for continuous growth
- Plan, lead and oversight management of change processes within each department to ensure continuous improvements in training of management and staff to adapt to new change
- Implement performance appraisals and succession planning with department managers to optimise staff retention and facilitate future growth
- Negotiate and re-write EBA Agreement in 2017
- Promote and cultivate innovation, creativity, initiative in this learning environment where the whole team works cohesively to produce excellent service, great relationships and outcomes for the College and community.
Either a CA/CPA qualification with an MBA or Business Management qualification and proven outcomes in senior executive management level are essential. Experience in EBA negotiations and management, proficient in computer literacy and competent in IT knowledge with a good understanding of ICT systems.
Applicants from the education or not-for-profit sector with previous commercial financial and business experience at senior executive management responsibilities similar to this role are encouraged to apply.
This is for an initial 5-year tenure offering 6 weeks annual leave. A current driver’s license is required and a company vehicle will be provided with other business tools. Relocation cost is covered for Australian applicants. An attractive remuneration package based on the successful candidate’s experience will be offered.
Attn: Theresa Bunyon
Alternatively, to enquire in confidence, call 0413 609 102